**The International School of The Hague** is a highly successful, innovative and energetic school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The school is made up of a Primary School and a Secondary school, each receiving government funding as well as private fees as Dutch International Schools. The two schools work together as one school with a shared vision and mission as part of the _Rijnlands Lyceum_ foundation. The whole school currently has around 2000 students (1400 in Secondary) with over 100 nationalities taught by teachers from around the world.
At ISH we **inspire personal excellence** by encouraging our students to be **curious, connected and compassionate**. We use student-led inquiry to develop **curiosity** in authentic and challenging contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen conceptual, disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding by making effective **connections** with other people and their ideas. Our students learn how to become **compassionate** and proactive global citizens through collaborative projects both in, and beyond, the classroom.
Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as striving to be excellent role models for the ISH Community Profile.
Currently, we have a vacancy at ISH Secondary School:
**Teacher of English – 1.0 FTE**
_Start date: 01 August 2020_
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated **Teacher of English – 1.0 FTE, start date is 1 August 2020.** The successful candidate will be able to inspire and motivate students, and to deliver high quality teaching for their students in English IB MYP and IB DP.
The English department is a large and diverse team of teachers. We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic team player who loves to collaborate and is fully committed to our school values and the IB programmes. We want a teacher who is passionate about inquiry and concept-based learning, someone who sees themselves as an educator, rather than a subject teacher and someone who values interdisciplinary learning and collaborations. If you can offer these attributes, and high quality learning experiences, through the lens of an English specialism, we would love to hear from you. Dependent on skills and experience, you will have the opportunity to teach across the MYP and DP.
If you would like a copy of the Teacher Role and Responsibilities document, please contact the Recruitment Officer, on ++firstname.lastname@example.org++
The ideal candidate will:
– Be an excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the English department and whole school
– Be proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice
– Be willing to be involved in extracurricular activities
– Be flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
– Have experience with pastoral duties, including being a form tutor/mentor
**Qualifications and Experience**
– Qualified Teacher with at least 2 years teaching experience
– Experience of teaching English within the IB programmes
– A **Bachelor or Master’s degree in either English or Literature**
– A **Bachelor or Master’s level degree in Education or Postgraduate Diploma in Education, to teach all year groups in Secondary Education**. Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO). The **teaching qualification must be for the subject that you will be teaching**, in order to be recognized by DUO.
– Only candidates with **full teaching certification and a valid teaching license in their home country** will be considered for this role.
– For applicants from the **UK**, you will have **completed the PGCE** and **been awarded QTS** plus **successful completion of the NQT induction year**.
– **EU citizenship or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands**. Please note that we are not able to consider candidates who do not meet this requirement for this specific role.
– A developed understanding of the IB programmes through at least 3 years IB teaching experience and attendance at relevant IB workshops
– Experience teaching MYP and DP
– This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
– Salary scale LB: €27647 – €4186 pcm (gross) – the step in this scale depends on relevant experience.
– **All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands**.
– You are invited to express your interest by following the link to our ++school website++, selecting the corresponding **Teacher of English** vacancy, and submitting your application via ++TES.++
– Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent Head of School or Deputy Head. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to the second round of interviews.
– Deadline for Applications: **Monday, 6 April 2020**. Short listed candidates will be interviewed **as soon as possible**. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and make an appointment prior to the deadline.
– If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, ISH Secondary Recruitment Officer, on ++email@example.com++ before or on the deadline.
– If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: ++www.ishthehague.nl++
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our ++website/job-vacancies++.
_Note: Agency calls and emails regarding this advertisement are not appreciated._