Located in the international heart of the Netherlands, the European School The Hague is unique. We offer complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Our Primary and Secondary schools are located on two large campuses in the International Zone of The Hague. The two schools work together with a shared vision and mission as part of the Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation. Our qualified and dedicated staff ensure the highest quality education and small class sizes.
Starting from 1 August 2023, we have a job opening at our Secondary school for a:
# **Teacher of English**
**(Part-time or Fulltime)**
– Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Hons) in English Language / English Literature
– You hold a fully qualified teacher status for Secondary Education in the country the qualification is obtained (e.g. PGCE and QTS with induction)
– Native speaker of English
– Experience in teaching English to native speakers **and/ or**
– Experience in teaching English as an additional language from beginner level to advanced level
– Experience in teaching the age group of 11-18
– Experience with meeting the individual needs of the students
– Experience in international or intercultural education
– Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
– Experience in having a mentor role
– Experience in teaching EB, IB, GCE A levels or Cambridge English qualifications CAE/CPE or IELTS
– Willingness to contribute to a growing department
– Be responsible for a mentor class
– Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
– Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage??
– Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills??
– Active contribution to school development in general?
– An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement for secondary education (in Dutch: ”CAO VO”) on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale depends on relevant background and experience
– A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one. A permanent contract is subject to the successful completion of the probationary period and the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO)
– An attractive relocation package with HR assistance
– An attractive multicultural work environment
– Ongoing Professional Development
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements, as well as Rijnlands foundation specific benefits. This includes (but is not limited to):
– 8% holiday allowance (May)
– 8.33% year-end bonus (December)
– End of scale payment amounting to € 1.493,- gross for teachers (based on a fulltime position)
– Monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable)
– ABP pension scheme
– Number of options for tax benefits regarding e.g. trade union dues, the costs of sports (for instance fitness) membership fees and the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes)
– Collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis)
– Discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more)
The appointed person will start on 1 August 2023
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via the button below on **werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl.** You will be asked to upload a CV, a motivation letter and a completed++ **application form**++ **(incomplete applications** **will** **not be considered).** Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. Ber Leurink _a.i_, deputy director of the European School Secondary.
Deadline for applications**: 2 April 2023**
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interview will either be in-person or via Microsoft Teams, depending on the applicant’s location. **Please note: suitable candidates may be invited for an interview sooner than the above-mentioned closing date.**
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Shall you have any questions, please feel free to contact our recruitment officer Ming En Li at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
**About the Secondary School**
With tuition in 15 European languages, our dynamic multilingual and multicultural environment nurtures the growth and development of our students, and prepares them to become responsible, future-focused and proactive citizens of Europe and the world.
ESH Secondary is proud to offer a well-rounded programme of study that incorporates technology to facilitate learning and ensure students are future-ready. ESH places high importance on student well-being, and the holistic approach sees students taking part in outdoor education, camps, community service and cultural trips abroad. Students benefit from the local community links within The Hague International Zone, connecting their learning with the real world.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.