The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public
school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of
The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 2,000 students and hosts over 100 nationalities with teachers from
around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each
At ISH we inspire personal excellence by encouraging our students to be curious, connected and
compassionate . We use student-led inquiry to develop curiosity in authentic and challenging
contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen conceptual, disciplinary and
interdisciplinary understanding by making effective connections with other people and their ideas.
Our students learn how to become compassionate and proactive global citizens through
collaborative projects both in, and beyond, the classroom.
Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are
lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as
striving to be excellent role models for the ISH Community Profile.
Currently, we have a vacancy at the Secondary School:
English B Subject Coordinator, 1.0 FTE
Start date: 1 August 2019
● Qualified Teacher with at least 5 years teaching experience.
● Experience of teaching DP English B.
● An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support ongoing development of the English department and whole school.
● A proactive and enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice.
● Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community.
● Willingness to be involved in extracurricular activities.
● Experience of teaching MYP English Language Acquisition.
● Ensure all IB requirements for curriculum planning and delivery for a subject are met, and wherever possible, exceeded.
● Ensure that the practices outlined in the ISH Assessment Policy are embedded in unit planning and classroom practice within the subject.
● Ensure that the practices outlined in the ISH High Quality Learning Policy are embedded in classroom practice within the subject.
● Collaborate closely with the Year Leaders and Deputy Heads Pastoral to support students wellbeing, progress and engagement within the subject.
● Ensure that high quality experiential and extra-curricular learning is embedded within the subject.
● Ensure that everyone involved in a subject is efficient and professional in their administrative responsibilities.
● Act in full accordance with the ISH Guiding Statements, school policies, protocols and procedures and create a culture which demands others do the same.
● Lead a culture of lifelong learning, and commitment to professional development.
● 1.0FTE Full time job
● This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the
conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
● Salary scale LC: €2679 – €4748 pcm (gross) – the step in this scale depends on relevant experience.
● The appointed person will start on 01 August 2019.
● You are invited to express your interest by sending your CV and supporting statement ( all in
English ) to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Deadline for Applications: Monday 1 April 2019. Short listed candidates will be interviewed
as soon as possible . Please note that early applications may be invited to interview early
due to qualifications and experience prior to the deadline.
● If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, Recruitment
Officer on email@example.com before the deadline closes.
● If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy,
then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email
address or our website/job-vacancies.
Note: Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.